Memphis Redbirds 2015-2016 Schedule webpage …
MiLB presents Gameday Audio, in partnership with TuneIn, as a FREE service to baseball fans everywhere. Please note that Gameday Audio links will only be active when games are in progress.
Located in the heart of Downtown Memphis, AutoZone Park was named the 2009 Minor League Ballpark of the Year by Baseball America. Thanks to the innovative structure of the Foundation, it is also financed primarily with private dollars. By combining the feel of such parks as Wrigley Field, Fenway Park, and Camden Yards, AutoZone Park is a state-of-the-art facility with classic, neo-traditional style.
- Architects: Looney Ricks Kiss Architects of Memphis was the lead architectural firm. Kansas City-based HOK Sports, designers of more major league baseball parks than any other architectural firm in the nation, was the consultant.
- Numbers: In building AutoZone Park, 17,586 cubic yards of concrete were used – enough to cover 11 acres. There are 125,738 square feet of brick wall surrounding the park, including 380,000 specially manufactured bricks. There are 3,400 tons of structural steel and 227 miles of electrical wiring.
- Some 350 tons of clay and 5,000 tons of sand were used to build the playing field. 100,000 square feet of sod cover the outfield.
- The infield can drain one inch of rain per hour and still be playable. The average rainfall during and entire baseball season in Memphis is 22.18 inches or 4.44 inches each month, from April through August.
- Dimensions: Left field is 319 feet from home plate, center field 400 feet, and right field 322 feet. The power alleys are 360 feet in left and 373 in right.
- The left field wall is 15 feet, 8 inches high. A 7-foot-8-inch wall encloses the rest of AutoZone Park’s outfield.
- AutoZone Park features the largest video board in Minor League Baseball: a 60-by-60 foot screen. The HD video board weighs over 20 tons with 1,440,000 pixels and towers 127 feet (or 13 stories) above the playing field.
With all the comforts and innovations of a ballpark for the future it still reminds fans of America’s pastime and its rich history. Redbirds fans enjoy:
- An open concourse allowing them to never lose sight of the game
- The Delta Dental Picnic Pavilion hosting as many as 500 fans
- Lawn seating on the TruGreen Bluff – No chairs allowed
- Two upper Club levels with 48 Club suites
- Club seats with access to an air-conditioned atrium and specialty foods
- A state-of-the-art press box and HD video board
- Two open-air party decks seating up to 175 fans each
- Three party balconies
- The Boardwalk – A family-oriented games and amusement area including a playground
- Major League lighting
Directions to AutoZone Park | Parking | Memphis City Map
Directions from Arkansas, Mississippi, Nashville, and St. Louis intestates
Official parking lots and garages: There are more than 20,000 parking spaces available in downtown Memphis within easy walking distance to AutoZone Park …
24-hour secure and fully-staffed parking garages – TAILGATE PARTYcart recommends:
Have fun! Be sure to find The TAILGATE PARTYcart before or after the game!
Hungry? Check out these pages …